The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs...one step at a time. ~Joe Girard

Spreading Awareness

My purpose in writing this blog is to spread awareness and provide support to parents of children with and without special needs. I have one child with a Learning Disability, more specifically, a Visual Processing Disorder including Dysgraphia and another child with a disease called Eosinophilic Esophagitis, an allergic white blood cell disease that attacks the esophagus.

Monday, January 10, 2011

A New Year

Wow, once again it has been quite a while since my last post.  In early October I was asked to sub for two weeks for a teacher that was 14 weeks pregnant.  She was put on modified bed rest for the duration of her pregnancy and was unable to return to school.  I agreed to continue teaching the class for the remainder of the school year.  Although I have been crazy busy and extremely tired, it has also been very rewarding.  It has reminded me of the reasons I entered into teaching all those years ago.  And, as an added bonus, I get to teach my son content and writing each day (in our school, third graders switch classes)...and he likes it, too!

So, between teaching and taking care of my two children with special needs of their own, my blog has taken a back seat.  This saddens me because topics constantly creep into my mind that I know will be perfect for this blog.  I am hoping that now that the holidays are over and I am becoming acclimated once again with teaching, things will calm down and I will have some time to devote to some posts once again. 

As for today, a bonus day here in the Carolinas, due to the day off because of the snow, I plan to use some of this time to start some posts...and maybe even finish one.


Happy Snow Day....And Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment